Voice Mail (908)735-0950The best way to reach me is through my e-mail.
General Classroom Information:
Clinton Public School offers English Language Services Program; English Language Learners are fully integrated in the student body yet participate in a pull-out program designed to foster their academic achievement through promoting academic and content language proficiency. The program, based on World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) standards, has been aligned with district curricular objectives, following a model of content based instruction. To accelerate the development of academic and technical language, as well as comprehension and fluency of expression, listening, speaking, reading and writing activities are set up thematically and make use of innovative and exciting ESL materials.Homework Procedures:
Regular and consistent review is essential to second language acquisition. Therefore, English Language Learners should complete their weekly homework assignments, which are not only fun to do, but practical and meant to boost their language confidence. Practice makes perfect!
Here are some useful resources for English Language Learners and their families.
I strongly recommend a regular visit to the local library in Clinton, where you can get library ID cards to take out books, audio books, movies and magazines for free. For students who have iPads, there is an excellent application, OverDrive, which allows you to use the Digital Library System to download audiobooks and eBooks from your local libraries for free. You just need your active library ID card and an adult to help you complete the download. Listening to audio books is extremely beneficial to English Language Learners, especially during long car rides. At the library, you may participate in a variety of free programs for kids and teens, family events, classes, and story hours. The library offers electronic resources,online catalog, online Kids Homework Help, and computers available for library members to use in a pleasant environment and friendly atmosphere. All you need to do is visit the front desk and ask for help. The library is open every day except for Sundays, and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, it remains open till 9 p.m. Here is the information:
Hunterdon County Library
North County Branch
65 Halstead Street
Clinton, NJ 08809
Here are some great websites to practice your English language skills.
- www.colorincolorado.org - This is a site in English and Spanish for both parents and students of school age. The resources and tools are abundant and practical for all language development levels. The site is consistently updated and thus provides accurate information and references.
- www.Starfall.com - This site which is a free online tool offers wonderful reading practice and a variety of games and activities for Pre-K – 2 grade students. It is easy for the parents to use to assist their children in practicing English, and it is engaging for the kids and especially useful for English Language Learners.
- www.readtoday.net - This site offers practice of early reading skills (Pre-K & K) in English, Spanish, German and French.
- www.earobics.com/gamegoo/gooey.html- This site offers educational games for kids in grades K – 2.
- www.storylineonline.net - Actors from the Screen Actors’ Guild read popular children stories. This site is great for students in grades 1 – 5.
- www.eduplace.com - This site offers excellent practice in both content areas and English language for students in grades K – 6.
Here are three website translators:
- http://bensguide.gpo.gov - This is a wonderful website for students in grades K – 12. It offers information on the American system of government and on American symbols and songs.