Mrs. Barbara J. Shaffer
Grade 8, English-Language Arts
(908) 735-8512, x124
*It's easiest to reach me by email.
**Click here for Google Web Site: shafferwebsite **
Welcome to 8th Grade Language Arts! Please check out the links to the left for important information about 8th Grade Language Arts. Visit the "Middle School" site in the pull-down menu "Academic Teams" for important information for all Middle Schoolers as well as Parents of Middle Schoolers! Don't forget to register for E-Alerts to receive notification each time there is an update to the page! Each student has been encouraged to check the web site on a daily basis.
All 8th Grade Reading/Writing Students should have the following supplies for the 2018-2019 school year:
**Bring your library card on the first day of school! If you don't have one, bring a parent with their license to the North Branch of the Hunterdon Library to apply for a card. You may need a utilities bill, like electric, water, or gas bill, to show address in addition to their license. If you have a library card for another location, bring that one! I will make a copy of your card and send it home with you that day!
1. 1-1/2" or 2" binder;
2. supply of white-lined paper;
3. 5-pocket dividers;
4. pencil case with at least 2 pencils, at least 2 of different colors of pens, and a "yellow" highlighter;
5. planning agenda (which will be given to each student on the first day of school for use until Chromebooks are issued);
6. an age-appropriate dictionary and thesaurus for home use;
7. colored pencils for home use; and,
8. speedy typing skills by practicing on "Tighten Up Your Typing Skills," at http://www.freetypinggame.net/play4.asp?lesson=26&tim=1&AGo1=Start+Test