Mrs. Peterson's Class
Inside your child’s folder, you will find resources and materials for your child to complete math, literacy, and science work.
Monday, April 6, 2020
- triangle worksheet to be done with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
- triangle sort worksheet to be done independently
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- hexagon worksheet to be done with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
- hexagon sort worksheet to be done independently
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- attributes of 2D shapes game to be done with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
- sorting shapes worksheet to be done independently
Thursday, April 9, 2020
- making shapes worksheet to be done with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet (Please cut out the gray shapes ahead of time and put them in a baggie so they do not get lost.)
- 2D shape directed drawing to be done with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
- 2D shape drawing to be done independently
*2D Shape Book - Optional Additional Practice*
**Go to https://childhood101.com/hands-on-activities-for-learning-about-2d-3d-shapes/ for suggestions for some fun home activities with 2D shapes!**
Splash Math Login Instructions
Step 1: Go to www.splashlearn.com.
Step 2: Click where it says Sign In (upper right).
Step 3: Click on Class.
Step 4: Enter the Class Code (FHDBWO).
Step 5: Click on your name.
Step 6: Enter your Password (12345).
Helpful Youtube Channels
- Name the Shape Game
- Shapes, Sides, and Vertices
- Count to 100 by 1's
- Count to 100 by 10's
- Count to 100 by 5's
Monday, April 6th and Wednesday, April 8th
Please have your Fundations journal and packet available.
- letter/sound warm-up with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
- dictations with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
Daily Independent Work
- watch the letter/sound warm-up at:
- complete one page from your Fundations packet
- follow the directions in the Home Support Pack (Unit 4 Weekly Homework)
- practice sight words
Helpful Youtube Channels
- CVC Words
- Sight Words
- Exercise, Rhyme, and Freeze
Helpful Writing Tips
- Add lots of details to your illustrations.
- Write your letters with proper formations.
- Begin each sentence with an upper case letter. Do not write upper case letters in the middle of your sentence, unless the word is I or a name.
- Stretch the sounds in the words you attempting to spell (letter-sound connections are extremely important).
- Spell sight words properly. Remember, they are "rule breakers" and do not follow the sound rules, so they can't be sounded out.
- Use proper spacing between words (finger space).
- End each sentence with proper punctuation.
- Reread your writing and edit. Think COPS!
*COPS credit: mypurplecart.com
Tuesday, April 7th
- spring discussion with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
- In the Spring I like to... writing with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
Thursday, April 9th
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick! read aloud with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick! retelling activity with Mrs. Peterson via Google Meet
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick! sequencing activity to be done independently
*Here is the link if you want to read it again!
Kids A-Z Login Instructions
We will be using kidsa-z.com for reading practice. Please refer to the directions below to login and to select stories for your child to read.
Step 1: Go to www.kidsa-z.com.
Step 2: Enter or choose your teacher's username, kpeterson164.
Step 3: Finds your username on the class chart.
Step 4: Enter your password (Hint: your name).
If you have any questions, please email me.
All work and materials should be returned to school upon our return date. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out via email at email@example.com.