Mrs. Barbara J. Shaffer
Grade 8, English-Language Arts
(908) 735-8512, x124
*It's easiest to reach me by email.
Welcome to 8th Grade Language Arts! Please check out the links to the left for important information about 8th Grade Language Arts. Visit the "Middle School" site in the pull-down menu "Academic Teams" for important information for all Middle Schoolers as well as Parents of Middle Schoolers! Don't forget to register for E-Alerts to receive notification each time there is an update to the page! Each student has been encouraged to check the web site on a daily basis.
All 8th Grade Reading/Writing Students should have the following supplies for the 2017-2018 school year:
**Bring your library card on the first day of school! If you don't have one, bring a parent with their license to the North Branch of the Hunterdon Library to apply for a card. You may need a utilities bill, like electric, water, or gas bill, to show address in addition to their license. If you have a library card for another location, bring that one! I will make a copy of your card and send it home with you that day!
1. 1-1/2" or 2" binder;
2. 1 GB Flash Drive or larger (look for a sale!);
3. supply of white-lined paper;
4. 5 pocket dividers;
5. pencil case with at least 2 pencils, at least 2 of different colors of pens, and a "yellow" highlighter;
6. planning agenda (which will be given to each student on the first day of school for use until iPads are issued);
7. an age-appropriate dictionary and thesaurus for home use;
8. colored pencils for home use; and,
9. speedy typing skills by practicing on "Tighten Up Your Typing Skills," at http://www.freetypinggame.net/play4.asp?lesson=26&tim=1&AGo1=Start+Test